Sunday, February 22, 2015

Open letter to Kurt Sutter (storyteller for our times).

-->
First, let me say that I convinced my lovely wife to watch your show, but, I mentioned she should not watch two shows in a row for fear that she would quickly become an addict and binge watch all the available episodes on  Netflix… she ended up watching from 9pm ‘till 4am last Saturday night/Sunday morning.  With that said… Dear Mr. Sutter.  Thank you for your amazing show.  Sons of Anarchy has renewed my faith in story telling. Not since NYPD Blue have I seen such clean delivery of real life.  My certainty is I am only stating a fact that multitudes have previously expressed.  Your show is/was brilliant.

I love your casting as well.  My research indicates most of the actors you cast in SONs were already Hollywood proven, known, or, stunt casting (all with great results)… Regardless, my question has to do with your casting process.  Would you ever consider letting a fifty-ish, non-perfect actor from Detroit show up and audition for a lead character in something you produce/write?  I know too well all this Hollywood stuff is a difficult pursuit, and I am sure the pressure at the top is hot, therefore, unproven is not probably good for you.  Just asking sir.  It’s not like I’m going back to Detroit, so, eventually, I expect to bump into you and your brilliance out here one way or another.  My best.  http://johnreneaud.blogspot.com/

Oh, and of course... my agent's number (323-460-2951).  Ask for Lisa.