Friday, November 1, 2019

Larry Penell, lessons in acting.

Ended up watching an old television show called Tombstone Territory late last night.  There was an interesting character who was returning to town after a 5 year prison stint - some bad guys kidnapped his wife in an attempt to force him to gun down the sheriff of the town in exchange for her safe return.  And, the ex-gunman returning after his prison time was my lovely buddy Mr. Larry Penell.  Larry's most remembered for his role of Dash Riprock on the Beverly Hillbillies, but, I met him at an actor's showcase in Studio City a couple years after moving to Los Angeles.  He was a great man who I will always remember as having looked out for me (he tried to get me work as an actor) and, he shared some of his amazing Hollywood experiences with me.  All this to say it was very cool to see him do such an amazing job with his character even before I knew him, hell, even before I was born.  I miss seeing him around town.  He passed away in 2013 at the age of 85.  He was a most impressive fellow - and his character in Tombstone Territory was completely bad ass!  My best sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment