Friday, March 31, 2017

Finding my superhero powers...




THE COOL CATS WILL CALL.  So I've created a super hero storybook character for my latest music video.  I went with a Druidic symbol on my chest, therefore, those of you in the know will get why it makes sense to run with the moniker of BARDMAN.  I spent a bit of time on Hollywood Boulevard working with some real life (actors portraying) storybook characters.  There is a line in this Cody Melville song "All the storybook heroes, are looking like a couple friends of mine", which, I suspect, somehow, inspired the crazy thought to create BARDMAN and bring him to life on Hollywood Boulevard.  Yes, now I can honestly state that I, joyously, have spent time with famous living characters such as, The Flash, Spongebob, Black Zorro, Superman, along with a compelling Michael Jackson reboot and several cool dudes with well mannered boa constrictors.  Ken Fischman helped me shoot this video - thanks Ken!  It is a Cody Melville written and produced song!  I have some color correction and titling yet to take care of on this video, but, I expect to post the completed version this coming Monday.  Oh, and I discovered an amazing new actress to play the role of my date in this video.  She seems a bit stiff - awkward - yet aesthetically, she is well put together and gave a flawless, unreal, performance.  THE COOL CATS WILL CALL is a lively, fun song, and ultimately I believe the video satires the idea of the pursuit of fame...  Or, at least, my pursuit of fame.  Regardless, I had a kick putting it together, and, would add, while shooting one day I was asked by Wonder Woman about my superhero powers.  I pondered her inquiry as I mumbled, "I'm just a singer shooting some video on Hollywood Boulevard."  Brandishing a warm beautiful smile she said, "Then that must be your superpower.  Singing."  Wow.  Wouldn't it be nice if Wonder Woman was only right.

No comments:

Post a Comment