Monday, April 3, 2017

Cowgirl Kimmy, a professed Dresden Cowboy fan, writes... "Hey, love your work Cowboy - I'm always looking for hidden meanings and the "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" seems perfect for your song The Cool Cats Will Call.  But it gives me more than one way of thinking.  Can you tell me how the video relates?




Well Cowgirl Kimmy... I looked at The Cool Cats Will Call (written and produced by Cody Melville) as being about how pursuing fame will make your heart empty and head full of distracting nonsense - at least, if you are prone to analyze.  So the line "story books heroes are looking like a couple friends of mine" gave me the idea that super heroes were the easiest way to illustrate that understanding to the contemporary Disney/Hollywood super fueled attraction to Marvel, and other-like fantasy characters. The plastic hot police mannequin is intended to represent the vapid relationships which comes with the fallout of fostering a delusional fame driven ego. By design, these videos have a retro feel, so, I am hoping to invoke a bit of nostalgia reminiscent of the early days of MTV.  I would add, in particular, on this video I experience a huge degree of surreal fun.  



Yee-haw, sayeth the Dresden Cowboy!






No comments:

Post a Comment